Michael Brunner is Named Honoree in Pittsburgh’s 2020 Smart 50 Awards
Pittsburgh (November 20, 2020) – Michael Brunner, Brunner’s Chairman and CEO, has been named an honoree in Pittsburgh’s 2020 Smart 50 Awards, recognizing the top 50 executives of the 50 smartest companies for their ability to effectively build and lead successful organizations.
“It is an amazing honor to be considered for the Smart 50 Awards,” Michael said. “I appreciate being listed amongst the 50 other smart, savvy executives and their companies.”
It was over thirty years ago, when Michael got into the advertising business, but his foresight and progressive thinking didn’t stop there.
- 1991: Michael saw the value in big data before it was big and made Brunner’s first acquisition, a database marketing firm
- 1997: Brunner made its second acquisition, a digital interactive company
- 2005: He acquired a creative boutique agency in Atlanta to provide a foothold in one of the nation’s strongest business markets
- 2011: Michael helped launch BHiveLab, an in-house technology incubator that has become a thought-leader throughout the industry
- 2017: Brunner won a Cannes Lion and was named PRWEEK U.S. Awards national finalist, for the Super Bowl commercial, and subsequent campaign, with client 84 Lumber
To this day, Brunner is included in the top 100 independent advertising agencies in the country. One of the key reasons for that success is Michael, making it no surprise to Brunner employees, that he has been named an honoree.
It’s difficult to thrive in what is often considered one of the most volatile of industries if the company is not truly entrepreneurial, progressive, and nimble. Through Michael’s leadership, Brunner is inspired to create powerful ideas to positively impact the lives of its employees and the clients Brunner serves. Ultimately, Michael’s goal for Brunner has always been to be one of the best advertising agencies in the country, and his clients will tell you that he and his team are relentless in going above and beyond.